UHIMSS Student Scholarships
The Utah Health Information & Management Systems Society (UHIMSS) Chapter will award 2 student scholarship for the 2020-2021 academic year.
The UHIMSS Student Scholarship will award $1000 to undergraduate or graduate students studying in the healthcare information or healthcare management systems field.
The scholarship will be awarded for academic excellence and the potential for future leadership in the healthcare information and management systems industry. Review criteria are focused on academic achievement, service activities, technical skills, career goals, demonstration of leadership potential, communication skills, and HIMSS and/or Utah HIMSS involvement.
The scholarship will be awarded to the undergraduate or graduate student deemed most deserving by the UHIMSS Scholarship Committee.
To qualify for consideration of this award, all eligible applicants must fulfill these minimum
- The primary occupation of the applicant at the time the scholarship is awarded
must be that of student in an accredited undergraduate, Masters, or PhD program related to the healthcare information management systems field. The specific degree program is not a critical factor, although it is expected that programs similar to those in industrial engineering, management engineering, operations research, healthcare informatics, computer science and information systems, hospital information, nursing, medicine, telecommunications, etc. will predominate.
- Undergraduate applicants must be at least a first-term junior when the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must be student members in good standing with the Utah HIMSS Chapter. Students may apply for membership at the time they apply for the scholarship. Volunteer work in Utah the HIMSS Chapter will be a consideration.
- Previous winners are ineligible.
- Award winners must be willing to attend an upcoming UHIMSS event and speak for 5-10 minutes on their academic achievements, career plans and the value of HIMSS. Award winners will be expected to participate on the UHIMSS Student Liaison Committee during their award year.
Completed application & all supporting materials must be submitted by April 15, 2021, 11:55 PM.
The scholarship winners will be notified by June 30, 2021 and will be announced at the next UHIMSS Conference.
Application Completion Checklist
- Complete Application
- Submit Official Transcripts
- Submit (1) One Letter of Recommendation
- Provide Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Submit Personal Statement (The personal statement should be no longer than 500 words and should cover your past achievements, your future goals, and how this scholarship will help you attain those goals.)
Download Scholarship Application
Send application materials in a zip file to
Teresa Taft at email@example.com
Student Liaison Chair - UHIMSS Board Member.