UHIMSS Annual Awards
Do you know someone who deserves to be recognized for their contributions to health IT? Submit nominations for our annual healthcare IT awards by Friday, April 12. Award nominees will be recognized at our Spring Conference on Friday, May 17.
- Healthcare Tech Leader of the Year
Recognizing influential healthcare IT leaders who demonstrates significant leadership in healthcare and the advancement of information system. The award is given for a lifetime of success and achievement as a tech leader in the healthcare IT industry.
- Most Influential Woman in IT
Recognizing influential women at all stages of their career progressions. This award celebrates individuals who harness the power of information and technology to transform health and healthcare and are inclusive of all women of influence, no matter where they may be in the health information and technology field.
- Clinical Leader of the Year
Recognizing influential clinicians who demonstrate significant leadership in optimizing health engagements and care outcomes through information and technology. The award is given for success and achievement as a clinical leader championing information and technology to optimal strategic impact.
- Healthcare IT Corporate Innovator
Recognizing influential and forward thinking corporations who demonstrate commitment to optimizing healthcare through innovation. The award is given for success and achievement as a leader championing improvements in healthcare and patient experience.
- Innovative Project of the Year
Recognizing an individual or team that has contributed to innovation in their organization. The innovative project of the year will recognize outstanding innovation and improvement to healthcare. The projects must answer the questions: what was done; did it work; and was it worth it.
- Patient Experience Project of the Year
Recognizing an individual or team that has contributed to improving patient experience in their organization. The patient experience project of the year will recognize outstanding work contributing to improvements in patient experience and outcomes. The projects must answer the questions: what was done; did it work; and was it worth it.
The Nomination Process
Any person may nominate a candidate who meets the eligibility criteria. Candidates may also nominate themselves. Only completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The process includes:
- A completed online application
- A brief biographical sketch that demonstrates why the nominee should be considered for the award
- Resume/LinkedIn Bio
- April 12th - Award Nominations Due
Award Recipients Will Receive
- Symbol of recognition
- Recognition on UHIMSS website
- Invitation to UHIMSS Annual Spring Conference
- Recognition at UHIMSS Annual Spring Conference
- Invitation to speak at one or more UHIMSS events
- Opportunity to write one or more blog posting or similar
- Recognition on social media channels